Thursday, April 9, 2009

Flying Among Mountains


Man Learns to Fly!


If you've ever dreamed of flying...watch this video! This is the most amazing thing I've seen in a while! It's actually old news, but it's sort of new to me and probably to a lot of other people out there, as well. These guys literally fly at 100 mph! Technically, they are gliding, but it's through these "wingsuits," that they become like flying squirrels, soaring over mountain tops, buzzing past cliffs, practically, "scraping their fingernails," as one guy words it. This is unbelievable! If I didn't value my life so much, I would want to do this!

And I think what amazes me so much is how simple it is! The technology behind it is so basic. For some reason, I always figured if man ever learned to fly it would be through some seriously advanced technology...like a jet pack or something. But these guys have basically proven all it takes is a special suit that catches the wind and some serious courage. I can only imagine how freeing it must feel to fly among the mountains!

2 comments: