Saturday, March 28, 2009

Boone Climbing Action Systems


November, 2008


Team Blue Ridge came to visit, and we ventured to Boone for some rock climbing! It was my first time climbing on actual rock. I didn't do much, but these guys really know what they're doing!

My friend and former manager, Nicholas "The Legend" Orrell, coached me up this one crack, and I was doing okay, but then, out of nowhere, he says, "Okay, you should come down now." My legs are wobbling by this point, and I am totally exposed on this massive boulder (no ropes or safety equipment), so I respond, "And how do I do that?" To make a long story short, he coached me down, and I will climb with ropes next time! Looking forward to giving this another try in the future...


Percy is either out of his mind, or he's fearless; at least, he's a really skilled climber! (No Ropes!)


It was overcast most of the day, but we avoided the worst of the weather right up till the end. Suddenly, it was snowing, sleeting, and freezing cold! We had to hightail it outta there!

Suited up and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Starting off another work day with a taste of the great outdoors courtesy of Sir Evan's Dispatch. Keep up the good work Evan.

    ReplyDelete